Trash to Treasure!

Yesterday when I walked to the bus stop to get Evan, I saw this table that Ruth had put out with the trash. So I took it home.

She stopped by that afternoon and asked me what I'd been up too all day and I told her I was giving her old table some love. She was so happy! She found the table herself on the curb and for three years had in mind to do something with it, but never got around to it and so she gave up. It was meant for her scrapbook room that is a shabby chic design. So I made it over for her. I'm giving it to her this afternoon for its intended purpose, I sure hope she loves it!

For some reason my before shots are missing! Here are some after some sanding. :( Weird.




With some primer:


And the after:


Think she'll like it?

8 comments:

**MIGNONNE** said...

What a great table, it even looked good in the before shots. You did a great job and I'm sure she will love it.

Marlene said...

YES! And if she doesn't bring it home....will it look good in my front room by the door? I LOVE the color! You are such a good friend! And I think we are holding on to the HD and BB&B cards until you get home....maybe...

Jennifer said...

If she doesn't, *I'LL* take it!! So cute, Heidi!! I need to take some lessons from you when you move back to AZ (and when I hit DIY wedding planning withdrawals)!

... said...

I love it! You are so sweet to do that for her!

wholarmor said...

Very cute! What a nice friend you are!

Unknown said...

That's a great table! Great shape and details, and I love the color you used.

Kat said...

Love the table! I just re-did an old vanity!

Helena said...

It looks great! What a pretty table!