Ten for Tuesday!

I am addicted to decorating blogs. I love them. I especially love the do it yourself blogs, that give me ideas for low cost options.

I am chomping at the bit to get home to do some of these things to my own house, but since I am stuck in a rental for now, I just read, star and tag them in my reader, hoping to one day get back to them.

So for today, some eye candy. (And links, if you want to add them to your own reader, because they truly are fabulous finds!)

1. Jen is amazing, she has her personal blog that I read all the time as well, but whenever I need some inspiration to make my home beautiful, I turn to her blog Inspiration for Decoration. You simply cannot go wrong there.
 


2. Kimba over at A Soft Place to Land is also a favorite. I cannot wait to steal this fantastic idea! I've been really struggling with the wet gloves and mess all over, but again, with the rental! So command hooks and wire baskets? She is brilliant. This great idea is called her "Good Enough Mudroom".



3. Kate. Over at Centsational Girl is my hero. She is like a thrifting Goddess and does things like this FABULOUS kitchen (it is her real house, hello!) on a budget. All her goodwill finds make me smile.  Don't believe me? Check out her before/after section and her tutorial section. She will amaze you. Even if you don't decorate you will start to think that maybe you could. ;0)



4. Toni at Design Dazzle provides lots of inspiration from all around the blogoshpere! This headboard is from DIY (dyi ideas @ Better Homes and Gardens)


5. Karla gives me eye candy galore over at It's the Little Things... I love all the little details she never misses! I linked directly to this make over of her boys room, and I love everything about it! Don't miss this great inspiration!


6. Anyone who follows decorating blogs knows the Nester. Her blog just speaks for itself. The Nesting Place. Her motto is "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful". Truly words of wisdom when you want to make your house a home. Her home just seems so cozy. Like you could go over and hang out comfortably, while still enjoying how pretty it really is.



7. The DIY showoff just knocks it out of the ball park on a regular basis. I *LOVE* this blog.(And btw, I'm SOOOO doing this project as soon as I know where I am going to live for the next year! ;) )


8. Melissa over at The Inspired Room is another that just has the best finds on the net and shares them in one happy, shiny place. (photo credit House Beautiful)


9. How can you not just love someone like Sarah The Thrifty Decor Chick ?What is not to love about someone who will spray paint anything and then show you "See it turned out to be beautiful!" I have been loving spraypaint lately myself. Kira's b-day party would have been a bust without it! (The lamp, the frame...etc.)


10. One final source of inspiration comes from Sarah over at Pewter+Sage. She has the best finds and offers up tons of eye candy for your perusal. Someday, I won't have pets. Or kids in the house. And I will own a white bedspread. And it will stay white and pretty. (Hey, a girl can dream!)

Sadly, I didn't even get through all of the design blogs I enjoy, but hopefully this will help get you inspired! Or at least give you lots to look at for a rainy afternoon.

3 comments:

Disneypal said...

Those are wonderful ideas - I love the flower pot address idea! Thanks for all the great links

Mary said...

Oooh! I know how I'm wasting the rest of my day now. Thanks for all the links. I'm always on the lookout for new decorating blogs.

Heidi said...

Glad to be of service! :) Trust me, I waste plenty of time at these blogs myself.