A realization.

I read two stories today. One the loss of a beautiful boy due to Muscular Dystrophy. One of a woman who is dying of cancer. She is leaving behind a family. It was sudden. It was rapid. It makes my heart ache to contemplate.

And so I need to get back to this. To leave what? My story? A place for my family to come back to when we face loss in some form or another, as well all do and will. No matter how much we wish for it to not be so.

I don't really know. I just know that I have this strong sense of need to write it down, to photograph it, to stop being too busy for it, because I don't want to live with regret.

I will write at least once per week. I will expect call outs for any percieved slacking. I need to do this because it's important.

Besides. I'm the family "historian" and photographer. No one else is doing it either. Not in my immediate family or extended family beyond facebook. And I will change that.
Because this:

  And this:

And all of this:


 





Is so very, very important.


1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Welcome back!! And yes, these memories are so important to retain.